I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and find a little time to relax. If you are traveling somewhere to see friends, family or perhaps to Disney, have a safe trip and enjoy!
There are a few new things opening at Walt Disney World this weekend, as well as some exciting news that I want to tell you about.
- Soarin' (Epcot) - Opens Mays 27th and will be showing the old movie until June 17th when the new "Soarin' Around the World" film debuts. So if you are a fan of the original movie experience taking you from the west coast to the east coast you have a little to catch it before it's gone. FastPasses are now available for this attraction. Note: A third theater has been added to this attraction with the goal of being able to load more guests at one time and hopefully shortening those long standby wait times. I'll let you know how it seems to be working out once it's open.
- "FROZEN Winter Games Open May 27th at Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park. Guests will have the opportunity to sign up to participate in the day's family friendly activities when entering Blizzard Beach water park. Participants will be split into two teams (Team Olaf & Team Kristoff) as they compete in snowball toss (water balloons), pail relay race, slide races and ski pole limbo..."How low can you go?" Olaf and Kristoff will be on hand watching all the fun and keeping track of how well their team's doing . At the end of the day there will be a closing ceremony where a winning team will be announced. Sorry, I have no idea if there will be prizes given out to the winning team. I will have to report back on that as soon as things get going, and I know a few more fine details.
- Nighttime Attractons and Show in Disney's Animal Kingdom Park Opening May 27th...see the following list of new happenings to be found in this park.
3. Kilimanjaro Safaris After Dark - This popular safari ride attraction will be available at night for the first time. Artificially created sunset creates lighting for viewing animal behavior, including African wild dogs and hyenas. Expedition Everest and Kali River Rapids will also be open during evening hours with FastPasses available for both day and evening ride times.
4. Discovery Island Carnivale, a vivacious group of musicians and performers host a festive celebration of nature, spreading from one end of the island to the other with lively music and dance, vibrant costumes, delectable food and drins, and more. This exuberant gathering begins as a procession leading to the Discovery Island stage and continues well after dark with a joyous party featuring the Viba Gala band and a spirited group of islanders.
5. Harambi Wildlife Parti, a time for wild animals to roam the open savanna and for party animals to take to the streets! This safari after-party fills Harame with the sights and sounds of outstanding local street musicand entertainers, inviting guests to join them in dance and song, partake in exotic foods and libations and explore the diverse wares of village artisans and merchants. The Harambe Wildlife Parti will begin in late afteroon, the popular Burudika Band takes the stage in Harambe's Old Square as hotsts of the Wildlife Parti, performing original songs and Afro pop hits from across Africa. You will now be able to enjoy en evening of music, dance and the excitement of an African village filled with non-stop, wildly fun surprises and delights!
- NEW Castle Stage Show - "Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire" Opens June 17th.
This new show will feature Mickey and the gang and some of their new friends they have been on their travels to new lands. For the first time ever you will see Rapunzel and Flynn Rider and Tiana & Prince Naveen being featured in the stage show. You can also expect to see your two favorite characters from the North as well...Princess Anna and Queen Elsa.
- NEW Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular Opens June 17th. This Star Wars themed fireworks show will feature lasers projections on the Chinese Theater and special effects (including a tower of fire and spotlight beams that create light sabers in the sky). This show will also include new music from Star Wars: The Force Awakens along with voice narration from the film. This will be an incredible fireworks show and not to be missed!
- NEW Frozen, First Time Ever attraction (Epcot's Norway pavilion) Opens June 21st - This area will feature both the new boat ride where guests will see many of the favorite characters from the blockbuster movie, "FROZEN," and a new space to meet Anna & Else in their new Summerhaus location.
If you have booked your Disney travel through me, you will receive ALL these details plus more in your final trip packet that you will receive prior to your trip. You will have all the newest "tips and tricks" to accomplish all your "must dos" while at Disney!
Have a wonderful and safe weekend!